Wednesday, December 7, 2022

My dog died monday; Turner RIP

 I apologize about this blog.  It is suppose to be about helping others but too often it is about what is happening to me.  I apologize because here we go again.  I mentioned in Oct that my dog had terminal cancer and how I was trying to deal with it.  I think I did pretty well realizing that Turner was a gift from God and it was part of God's plan for him to die.  It is still very sad at the end and that is part of the plan too.  To accept the grief and go through it.  

It of course reminded me of Lao Tsu.  In chapter 14 of Tao Te Ching he is talking about the Tao.  What we christians call God the Father, the Alpha and Omega.  He states,

Stand before it and there is no beginning

    Follow it and there is no end

Stay with the ancient Tao

    Move with the present.

 

That is what I am doing, "moving with the present."  Being alive in the moment, accepting the grief knowing I am not going through it alone.  It is still sad though.  

Turner my friend you were a great dog!  I will never forget you.

Pax


 Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment