Wednesday, December 21, 2022

A Child is born in Bethlehem

 Have you ever wondered why God sent his son into the world?  To teach us?  To show He loves us?  To forgive our sins and reunite us with the Father?  I have been given all those answers and they all make sense to a point.  But God, being God, didn't need to send His son to accomplish all that right?  

As a surgeon I have learned a great deal of science.  Now science teaches you how wonderfully complicated and orderly every thing in nature is.  As you learn about all this wonderful stuff that explains how everything works you can look at it in one of two ways; either " see there is no magic.  Science can explain everything." or " look at how complex yet orderly God set everything up."  

As we learn more and more about the universe we are learning just how BIG it really is.  It staggers the mind.  Scientists calculated there are 50 billion planets, that is billion with a "b".  When I read this I thought of God as a scientist with 50 billion petri dishes each as a special experiment.  " Gee I thought Earth was big but it is not even 1 in a million.  What does that make me?"  Then I remembered, "God does care about this particular planet.  He sent his only son here to save me!" I get it now.  As we learn more and more how small earth is and how vast and magnificent God is what better way to say,

 " No, this is not just an experiment and I am not a heartless force of nature.  I am a living God and I so loved this world that I gave my only son."  

Thank you God for caring enough to send your son to us this Christmas!


     Merry Christmas!


Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment